Important Note: If your case was dismissed it will NOT be expunged automatically by the courts. You need to file a petition to have your charges expunged from the system. If you do not file an expungement petition the record will remain visible forever. Example: If you were charged with Assault and the case was dismissed – any future employers, schools or housing agencies will see that you were charged with the crime and have questions about it. It’s never a good first impression in any circumstance.
1. Find out if you qualify for an expungement. Contact The Law Offices of Wiley Nickel, PLLC for a free consultation to determine whether or not you qualify for a North Carolina expungement of your criminal charges. We will review your records and let you know whether or not you qualify for an expungement.
2. Confirm that you have not used a dismissal expungement before. Generally you are only allowed to expunge a dismissed charge one time in North Carolina with some exceptions. An attorney at our office will explain how this works. As an example you can have cases expunged if your identity was stolen.
3. File an Expungement Petition with the Court in the County where your case was dismissed. An attorney in our office will file an expungement petition on your behalf. You simply need to make payment to our office and provide some basic information to our office.
4. Wait approximately 4-6 months for your petition to work its way through the system. There’s no way to tell exactly how long this will take but on our end all we can do is file the petition with the courts and wait. All counties take different times to process this sort of paperwork.
5. Receive your certified expungement petition back from the courts and feel confident knowing that all official records of your charge have been erased.
The Law Offices of Wiley Nickel, PLLC handles expungement petitions for disimissed cases for the entire state of North Carolina. We handle expungement petitions in all counties including Wake, Durham, Chatham, Orange, Mecklenburg, Guilford, Forsyth, Cumberland, New Hanover, Buncombe, Johnston & Harnett.
Contact Expungement Attorney Wiley Nickel at 919-585-1486 or directly by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free initial consultation. Our office is located in Cary, North Carolina and our main website for other legal services is www.wileynickel.com.
The Law Offices of Wiley Nickel, PLLC is Committed to BBB’s Standards for Trust
This week, The Law Offices of Wiley Nickel, PLLC announced its recent accreditation by Better Business Bureau serving Eastern North Carolina. As a BBB Accredited Business, The Law Offices of Wiley Nickel is dedicated to promoting trust in the marketplace.
“We are proud to have met BBB’s high standards and we are excited to be part of an organization that exists so consumers and businesses alike have an unbiased source to guide them on matters of trust,” said Raleigh defense attorney Wiley Nickel. “BBB Accreditation gives our customers confidence in our commitment to maintaining high ethical standards of conduct.”
BBB Accredited Businesses must adhere to BBB’s “Standards for Trust,” a comprehensive set of policies, procedures and best practices representing trustworthiness in the marketplace. The standards call for building trust, embodying integrity, advertising honestly, telling the truth, being transparent, honoring promises, being responsive and safeguarding privacy.
When dealing with a BBB Accredited Business the consumer has peace of mind knowing that they are dealing with an honest organization that is accountable to its clients.
For additional information regarding BBB Accreditation, visit easternnc.bbb.org.
About The Law Offices of Wiley Nickel, PLLC
The Law Offices of Wiley Nickel handles criminal defense matters in Wake County North Carolina. Our office is located in Cary at 2401 Weston Parkway. We can be reached at 919-585-1486 any time for a free consultation.
2401 Weston Parkway, Suite 101
Cary, NC 27513
About BBB serving Eastern North Carolina
Better Business Bureau serving Eastern North Carolina is a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit corporation serving 33 counties in eastern North Carolina. The organization is funded primarily by BBB Accredited Business fees from more than 3,000 local businesses and professional firms. BBB promotes integrity, consumer confidence and business ethics through business self-regulation in the local marketplace. Services provided by BBB include reports on companies and charitable organizations, general monitoring of advertising in the marketplace, consumer/business education programs and dispute resolution services. All services are provided at no cost to the public, with the occasional exception of mediation and arbitration. Visit bbb.org.
# # #