North Carolina Dismissal Expungements
If your North Carolina criminal record includes a dismissed charges, or not guilty verdicts, you can get your criminal record cleared through the North Carolina expungement process.
Wouldn’t it be nice not to have to answer questions about your criminal history during a job interview? If you meet the requirements for an expungement, call The Law Office of Wiley Nickel, PLLC, and our office can help you through the expungement process.
North Carolina previously only allowed one expungement in your lifetime. Now, North North Carolina law now allows a person an unlimited amount of expungements for dismissed charges and charges resulting in a not guilty verdict. However, there are some exceptions.
Exceptions to Expungement Eligibility
- If you have a felony conviction on your record, you are not eligible to have any charges expunged from your record.
- If you have an active criminal case or an old case you never went to court for, you are also not eligible for an expungement.
There are 12 Types of Expungements in North Carolina:
- Juvenile Record: N.C. Gen. Stat. § 7B-3200
- Misdemeanor Under Age 18: N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-145
- Gang Offense Under Age 18: N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-145.1
- Controlled Substance Dismissal Under Age 22: N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-145.2(a), (b)
- Controlled Substance Conviction Under Age 22: N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-145.2(c)
- Toxic Vapor Dismissal Under Age 22: N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-145.3(a), (b)
- Toxic Vapor Conviction Under Age 22: N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-145.3(c)
- Nonviolent Felony Under Age 18: N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-145.4
- Nonviolent Offense at Any Age: N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-145.5
- Prostitution Offense: N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-145.6
- Charge Not Resulting in Conviction: N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-146
- Identity Theft/Misidentification: N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-147
If you are in North Carolina and have questions about getting something on your criminal record expunged or an NC Dismissal Expungement, call The Law Offices of Wiley Nickel, PLLC. Our office handles expungements in over 40 counties in North Carolina. Let our office help you avoid those uncomfortable questions during your next job interview! Call our office at (919) 650-2851 for a free consultation or visit granadoslaw.com/expungements for more information about North Carolina Expungements.